Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stars & Stamps challenges

Here is the Stars and Stamps sketch for this week. Lora came up with a fun one!
The background pieces are embossed resist using dollar stamps from The Dollar Tree and Michaels. The focal image is from Hero Arts stamped with a rainbow pad. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the red layer and inked it up to highlight the embossing.

The Wednesday Stash challenge on the Stars and Stamps blog was to use stars. Guess this does the trick!
Recently I lucked into some Cuttlebug dies and folders at Big Lots. It's been fun playing with them. The stripe/ladder piece is from one set and the Thanks is from another. The blue background papers are envelope liners. The blue stars are punched and glued on. The ribbons are from my stash.


I decided to use a tag as the long panel on the sketch for this one. The tag itself is dry embossed, inked and heat embossed. The back sections are gold wrapping paper. I used some punches and die cuts for embellishments. The flowers are made using organza with the edges melted using a heat tool. I'm sorry the photo isn't good enough to show the details :-(



5 comments:

Paula S. said...

Wow, not one but three very nice interpretations of the same sketch. Very inspirational!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, you've been really busy! I love all your cards, expecially the shimmer in the LOVE card.

Tammy said...

Wonderful cards!! They all are so unique and gorgeous!

Betty said...

Someone will be very happy getting these cards :)

CARO said...

Great cards-I'm not sure which one I like the best!