Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pocket card and pin

The Summer Haven event ends tonight. It has been such fun and has pushed me to be creative. Daniel challenged us to create a card with a pocket and something to go in the pocket. The pocket had to be low as the quilted heart pin is too big to fit under the pocket. In addition to the stamps by Hero Arts, Me & My Big Ideas, and Cornish Heritage Farms I made a lot of use of die cuts.
The heart pin is quilted over a felt base. It had been ages since I did Crazy Quilt embroidery and it was a blast. There is a plastic back piece and pin back glued on with Diamond Glaze. It took 2 tries to get it to hold. I love punching holes in the tag to attach the pin to. Gives it a nice finished look I think.

I even pulled out my crochet cotton and hook to make an edging around the heart. Yes it took time to do the whole thing but it satisfied me greatly!


1 comment:

Ginger B said...

this is adorable... love the colors


just wanted to stop by and let you know that you had won the (6 by 6 paper from Stampin' up)
if you drop me an email with your address, I will send it out too you...

ginger.mae.williams@gmail.com

thanks ginger