Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Deeply embossed embellishments, part one

I used Michael Strong's Cloisonne Circle stamp and lots of gold embossing powder on this card. The focal image is the full circle stamped, embossed and watercolored. The embellishments on both sides are made using chipboard circles, layers of gold embossing powder and the inked up Cloisonne Circle stamp. The chipboard circle was inked up with Versamark before being loaded with the embossing powder (EP). After heating and melting the EP I added another layer of EP and melted that one too. I did 4 or 5 layers of gold EP in all. While all that gold was nice and hot I stamped it with the inked up Cloisonne Circle. I'd chosen the area of the stamp I wanted to use to impress into the EP.

Michael's Mini's, Medallions, Alphabets and Cameos would all work very well for making these deeply embossed embellishments. His designs have such clean and clear graphic designs that they are terrific for this technique.

The rippled gold frame is corrugated card cut with two Spellbinders dies.

Part two of this technique is in the following post. Blogger is fighting me tooth and nail and refuses to allow me to upload more than one photo in a post today. Sorry about that.

No comments: