Monday, June 10, 2013

I bought a new toy, a floral heart die from Impression Obsession. This just happens to fit in with their current challenge- "blooming where they're planted". http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/ This is my first time trying one of their challenges and I hope I got it right.

 
The idea of using die cuts as a stencil occurred to me when planning my card. I did that by cutting the floral hearts from Reynolds Freezer Wrap which is plain paper on one side and plastic on the other. Once cut I ironed the die cuts onto the white cardstock and sponged on Distress inks. The wrap needs to be rewarmed with the iron in order to peal it back off. The focal heart is one of the stencils adhered to a cut green heart and embellished with punched hearts, Viva Pearl Pen, and sequins. The printed ribbon tied it all together.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Martha, I am going to have to try that technique. Very creative and very pretty! Love the whole layout. Welcome to our challenges, thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing too! PS, my daughter's name is Martha and we call her Martie for short! :-)

Beth Norman said...

What a pretty card. I have that same die. It's beautiful and what you did with it makes it exceptional.

Shona said...

WOW! I love how you did this. I don't have that die, regretfully, because this is beautiful, but I'm dying to try that technique. Your card is lovely !

Rachel B. said...

Gorgeous! Love the vibrant colors! definitely my style!

Craftyfield said...

Love the colors of your blooms, bright and cheerful ! Your technique with the die-cut and freezer paper is very interesting too.

Katie said...

When I saw your card the other day I was just amazed!! Thank you for the explanation! I have never heard of using the freezer paper...will have to look into that. But I just love the effect you got using this diecut as a mask. The colors are wonderful. I just got this die in the mail last week so I am excited to use it now! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!!This is SO PRETTY! I LOVE the FUN Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Stamp Muse said...

Very creative and such a pretty result! Congratulations on being the IO drawing winner this week!