Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Paper towels & acrylic paint challenge

Pam on StampHaven challenged us to use paper towel and acrylic paints to create a background. I tried a couple of pieces but felt I wasn't coming up with anything I really liked. By co-incidence I visited the Stampbord website's Featured How-To page and fell in love with July's piece by Ã…shild Ruud. My inspiration from the Stampbord website- http://www.stampbord.com/featured-how-to.html

I used a background stamp from All Night Media in the corners and then used Elmer's glue to adhere the torn toweling. The acrylic paints are just cheap ones from the craft stores. Between the glue and the paints there is a fair bit of drying time required if you want to give it a try.


And here is the card I made. I don't know who made the skull stamp. The sentiment is from K & Co's Marcella line. The flourish is from Hero Arts. I used lots of Nestability dies. Love them! And I had to throw in a little recycling. The mesh is from a bag of lemons.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Martha, I love all your cards and techniques. I've left you something on my blog! Thanks for all the inspiration!
http://mypapermountain.blogspot.com/

Melissa S. said...

Martha, Thanks for stoping by my blog on the Ani-Verve-Sary blog hop. I love your site and all the great ideas you have. I have fun with paper towelsalso, But haven't been altering much lately. I also need to remember about the envelope liners. They make for some great projects.

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous Halloween card! I love the wonderful background and the layout is amazing!