Saturday, August 8, 2009

15 - 21 Challenge #1

Sketch by Julee on Mojo Monday http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/I've been thinking about 'hosting' a series of prompts on cards for boys in the 15 - 21 age range. Each one lasting 2 weeks. My interest comes from wanting to have more of these cards sent to CFH.
Want to play along?

Sketch by Jen del Muro http://iheart2stamp.com/ I've never been a guy aged 15 to 21 but I have been in that age group. In my memory it was a time of feeling grown up and wishing everyone else would treat me that way. Of course in time I discovered a few of the down sides (can we say taxes & power bills?) to actually being an adult but that isn't what this is about. This is about making cards for the guys.

Our first prompt is "Western Swing" Make a card focusing on the west. Cowboys, deserts, high mountains, First Nations/Native Americans. Kraft card stock, maybe Distress inks. This is just a jumping off place so don't feel constrained if you get an idea that wasn't spelled out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards! I love your layouts!

Catherine said...

Beautiful cards, Martha - so perfect for CFH "guy cards!" Love the Western theme and the stamps and colors you've used on your cards.
PS - Thanks so much for stopping by my new MudBay Images blog!

Tammy said...

What great masculine cards! Love the colors you used. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for the CFH hop!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

All of your cards in here are beautiful!! Thanks for visiting my blog in the CFH blog hop. Noticed your comment on the bows and I will do a tutorial on how to make them easily and perfectly! Learned it years ago.

Lorraine said...

I woke up to your wonderful comment this morning - thank you for visiting my blog. I'm loving yours also! You have such great recycling ideas. I'll be following you and enjoying more I'm sure.