Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cowboys and CASEing




On StampHaven one talented cardmaker worked with clipart to create a papercut silhouette that she then used to make some very cool cards. Take a look at two of Karen's cards http://www.stamphaven.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=23&pos=11 She kindly shared the link to the cowboy silhouette clipart with us. http://www.freeclipartnow.com/people/professions/cowboys/


I thought it would be fun to try making a full sheet of Distress ink background and then print the silhouettes onto the colored cardstock using the computer. The Distress inks were swiped on a non-stick craft sheet, sprayed with water and then soaked up with the cardstock.


The sheet would make 4 cardfronts so I decided to use a silhouette image of troops on 2 sections of the sheet.

2 comments:

Daria said...

Martha, these are wonderful. Your distress ink background turned out beautifully, and the silhouette images look great against it.

Daria said...

I have to come back to say that the "Always on my mind, forever in my heart" card blows me away. I love everything about it.