Thursday, January 21, 2010

Washi Valentines

Both of these are based on a sketch by Jen del Muro.
http://iheart2stamp.com/2009/12/26/up-for-grabs-sketch-for-you-to-try/ I came across the stamp stashed in a drawer and knew I wanted to use it. I love washi and origami papers but tend to hoard them, lol. The sketch and the stamp encouraged me to pull out the paper and play. It is difficult to tell but I used a brushed silver paper to mat and on the flower bases. Cuttlebug dies and a Dollar Tree punch.
On this one I did some paper piecing and some torn paper hearts. I had fun layering punchies to create the flower embellishments. The folk art heart dies are from Sizzix. The stamp used on both cards is from Stampabilities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh these are so yummy! I can see why you hoard the paper. The cards are beautiful!

Lorraine said...

What a great way to use that origami paper. I'm partial to hearts so I'm really lovin' these. They're so pretty!