Friday, August 20, 2010

Autumn Leaves

Looking through an old (2003) Card Creations magazine I was inspired by a couple of cards to pull out my recycled corrugated cardboard. It is from light bulb packaging. After coloring it with spray inks I had fun making autumn themed cards. This card is a lift of a beautiful card by Sharon Lewis. She used a large velum leaf which had been dry embossed. I went with dyed paper and a Sizzix die.
Using the same Sizzix die, different leaf, I cut small leaves that fit on inch squares. The leaves are embellished with colored wire. The sentiment stamp is an Anna Griffin design. This card and the ones below were inspired by a card from Nancy Church also in the Cards Creations magazine.

I went with pearl cotton embroidery thread instead of wire on this card.


A very simple version. I like all the texture working with the corrugated cardboard gives.



No comments: