Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Journeys

The first time I saw this stamp I knew I wanted it. Over Memorial Day Pamela at FireCracker Designs had a blog hop featuring this image AND a sale. That did it. I had to buy the set. This is my first card made using it. The sentiment stamp is by Rubber Stampede. Any travel changes a person. It is hard for me to imagine how intense the change would be from serving in war time.

The background paper is made using the Technique Junkies' Camouflage technique (Oct-Nov 2008). The stamped image is colored with a combination of Prismacolor pencils and Fresco chalk inkpad used direct to paper. I was so happy to discover that the arch of the stamp fit with the curve on the Petite Ovals from Spellbinders.

I made this card for the Journeys challenge at Gingersnap Creations blog http://www.gingersnapcreations.blogspot.com/ The card will be written and sent to Cards for Heroes.

2 comments:

Ali Manning said...

This is a great card Martha and I really like the sentiment you chose - it works perfectly with the soldier stamp. Your blog looks great too - will be adding it to my Reader.

Sue Hayward said...

This is truly a beautiful card, I got chills when I saw it. My SO served in Vietnam, and my Uncle was a POW, you have captured a sense of loss, but again a sense of optimizum. Thank you for sharing.