Sunday, March 14, 2010

More Michael Strong Stamps cards

I love how paisleys seem to typify a number of unrelated cultures. So perfect for cowboys. I used the Michael Strong Paisley set to stamp the frame. It was cut using Nestability dies. The background was colored and embossed using a Sizzix embossing plate. I inked the embossing plate, lay the manila cardstock on it and embossed as usual. It makes for a cool, rugged look.
On this monochrome card I stamped the flowers and lavender cardstock. The shape of paisleys moves the eye, following the curves.

Another monochrome card, this one was a lot of fun. I hadn't done any mirror stamping in ages. It allows you to reverse the stamp. I wanted a paisley heart and that is how I managed to make in. One stamped and embossed forward, one stamped onto the mirror stamp before stamping onto cardstock and embossed. Now that Distress inks are on the market getting a good reverse stamp is a lot easier. Dye inks wanted to dry before you could stamp the second time using the mirror stamp face. The background panel was painted using Distress ink. I love them!
The red heart behind the paisley heart is two layers, a red cardstock and a clear piece of acrylic. They are adhered together under the paisley heart so you can't see the tape. The scalloped heart die and the ribbon runner are both from Spellbinders. The embossing plate I used on the base is a Cuttlebug folder. The sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs.


3 comments:

Teresa said...

these are just beautiful! Wowser! Thnks for sharing them.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love the paisley's, your cards are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Pretty paisleys! Great cards!