Monday, March 1, 2010

Stars and Stamps Sketch #6

Velda's sketch came at just the right time for me. I'd purchased these wonderful dollar stamps by Inkadinkado and hadn't inked them up yet. The focal square on the sketch is the perfect use for them.
When I bought this stamp I knew I wanted to use it with this paper but didn't have an idea how. This layout is so easy to use and lets the patterned paper show so well. The image was stamped on the cream and the kraft papers which were cut and layered. The flower was colored using Prismacolor pencils.

I love the look of sunlight on the sea. On this one I also stamped on 2 papers, a light blue and white. It was colored with Prismacolor pencils, cut and popped on foam before layering. The silver corner pieces are die cut using a Cuttlebug die.

9 comments:

Dawn said...

these are both great cards. That yellow makes me want summer time to get here! Great work!

Louise Fox said...

Both are stunning cards and you are quite right, the combination of the paper and the stamp are perfect. The colors in card two are very pleasing to the eye and I had not seen the CB die before. Got to have it! Blessings Louise

Anonymous said...

thesea re great cards. those stamps are great too!

Wendy said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous! Love everything about them!

Brittany said...

These are beautiful cards! I especially like the second design. The use of color and framing on each color really makes the card *pop*. Nice work!

Erika said...

Great cards!

Terri said...

Nice job on both of them. Thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my work. To answer your question the coconut is sweetened. I hope you enjoy the cookies if you give them a try.

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous cards! LOVE the silver photo corners and the cheerful colors!

Operation Write Home said...

Incredible! You gotta know I love the yellow one...my fave color. Beautiful sunshine!