Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Stars and Stamps sketch 2

Here is the fun new sketch from the OWH Stars and Stamps blog. Way to go Karen! I went vintage for my sketch cards. This one says "Letters are always welcome". Think our soldiers might find that a handy sentiment. ;-)
Another perfect poem for our troops:
"When time hangs heavy on my hands
And everything seems blue
There's nothing quite as welcome
As a nice long letter from you"

And this one says:
"When of me you sometimes think
Go right for the pen and ink
There is nothing suits us better
Than to get a newsy letter."

All these wonderful vintage postcard images are available for free at the Clearly Vintage blog in their Saturday Image Bonus. The ones I used are WWI vintage postcard images.
If you have questions leave them in the comments and I will do my best to answer!



5 comments:

Kajikit said...

Those vintage images are really cool! I like the way you used lace and buttons to complement them on the top card.

Nancy Keller said...

Those vintage images are awesome! I love these cards!

Operation Write Home said...

Wow those are awesome Martha!

Wendy said...

Love, Love, Love your cards!

Karen Howard said...

WOW, gorgeous cards!!! Thanks for playing along this week!