Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentines

I went shopping. You can imagine all the good stuff I found. The ribbon which matches a Cuttlebug embossing folder and a Martha Stewart border punch which has Valentine written all over it. The background stamp is an old dollar stamp from Michaels. The corrugated paper is packaging for a light bulb. The hearts are cut using Nestability scalloped hearts. There are some little Stampendous heart stickers and red Stickles embellishing the embossed heart. I had a great longing to make the sort of Valentine which wouldn't hold up in the mail. While looking in Susan Pickering Rothamel's book, The Encyclopedia of Greeting Card Tools and Techniques, I was inspired by one of the cards to pull out my netting and play with it on a card. The book is wonderful by the way! The heart stamp is one from Stampers Anonymous. The sentiment is a dollar stamp from Michaels. I got into my bead stash which was very fun. The flourishes and flowers are die cut with a Cuttlebug die.
My stamping friend Ann RAK'd me some Co'ordinations cardstock! Talk about yummy! After embossing it using a Cuttlebug folder I sanded it lightly so the purple core shows through. The purple heart is embossed, or really debossed with the same folder. It was highlighted with a Brilliance pad. The flower and ribbon were both RAKs too. Am I lucky or what? The little heart button in the flower's center had the shank clipped off and was colored with permanent markers.

Happily I will be hand delivering these Valentines on Sunday to my girl friends when we gather for our annual Valentine making party. Such fun!


2 comments:

Sandy said...

Sooooo many pretty papers, Martha, WOW! I love the blue heart on the first one...nontraditional makes me happy after all the red and pink of the season - lol :)

usaqsue said...

Martha, not only are your cards beautifully done - really nicely done, but your comments about my book, made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Thank you. I am glad you have enjoyed it.
Susan Pickering Rothamel